Flu season is upon us, below is information about flu invitations and a few things that you should be aware of before you attend for your vaccination.
- We will be sending out appointments to patients who are eligible for the flu vaccine however you can contact the surgery on 01279 603 180 (option 2) after 12 noon to book your appointment if eligible.
- If you have received an appointment and this is inconvenient then please call the surgery after 12 noon and we will rebook it.
- There has been no final decision on COVID vaccination boosters, so your appointment is just for a flu vaccination. We will provide further information about COVID Boosters in due course
You are eligible for the flu vaccine if you are:
- aged 50 years and over
- aged 6 months to under 50 years in clinical risk groups
- children aged 2 to 15 (but not 16 years or older) on 31 August 2021 – we are only vaccinating children aged 2 – 3 at the surgery invited by Child Health Department
- pregnant women
- those in long-stay residential care homes
- close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
- frontline health and social care staff employed by:a registered residential care or nursing home
- registered domiciliary care provider
- a voluntary managed hospice provider
- Direct Payment (personal budgets) and/or Personal Health Budgets, such as Personal Assistants.
- Vaccination clinics will be held at the surgery this year.
- Face coverings must be worn. Please attend as close to your appointment time and attend alone where possible.
- You will need to complete the questionnaire on the day and bring this with you.
- When you come in for your appointment please remove jackets and jumpers to avoid delays.